We ask that each patient arrive at least 10 minutes (15 minutes, if you are a new patient) prior to the scheduled appointment time to verify and/or update patient information such as telephone numbers, address and insurance information. A current insurance card and photo ID is required for each visit.
Same Day Appointments
We are delighted to be able to offer same-day visits to our established patients six days a week (Monday-Saturday). These appointments are very popular and are filled first-come, first serve. If you need to be seen, please call or send secure message as early as possible. These appointments fill quickly, particularly during the winter.
We offer appointments for a variety of reasons including blood pressure checks, immunizations, and medication review/education.
In general, physical exams are more comprehensive and require a longer appointment time. These appointments are often scheduled weeks in advance. We understand that things happen and appointments often need to be rescheduled. We’ll do our best to get you in as soon as possible, however, for physical exams we often reschedule weeks or even months out.
Appointment Cancellations and No-Shows
We understand that emergencies come up and that appointments need to be rescheduled. For appointment cancellations with less than 24 hours notice there may be a no-show fee added to your account.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, it may be necessary for you to reschedule.
We will do our best to return all phone calls the same day. Often this means the doctor may call back at the end of the day or in the evening for non-urgent matters.
A physician is available on-call after office hours and on weekends for emergency situations. Please call during office hours for all prescription refills and non-emergent questions and requests.
You may also send a secure message directly to your physician via the MyChart patient portal.
Please bring your medications, (both prescribed and over-the-counter) to your appointment visits. It is important to us and to you to keep your medications and any allergies updated in your medical records.
- Please contact our office at least 4-5 days in advance of running out of the medication.
- Refill requests will be processed within 1-2 business day. Please contact your pharmacy directly to see if it is ready.
- If you are taking any long-term medications; you agree to see your doctor at least once a year or more frequently depending on the medications.
- It is not good medical practice to prescribe antibiotics or pain medications without proper medical evaluation. All patients will be required to be seen in the office to evaluate the problem.
- Narcotic prescriptions and controlled substances will be prescribed and refilled ONLY during regular business hours.
Laboratory / Radiology
If you have not received either a written or verbal response for any laboratory or radiology tests performed within 5-7 days, please call the office.
- Please call your insurance company prior to having any lab work or tests performed. You will need to verify whether yourinsurance covers routine/preventative vs. diagnostic (medically necessary)for the specific test(s). You will be given an order from the doctor with these codes for you to give to your insurance company.
These codes cannot be changed after the tests have been performed.